A lot has happened over the past month or so, both good and bad. Let’s start with the good:
- I’ve started really trying to commit to formal exercise. I’m not keeping a workout log on my layout’s sidebar to help keep myself accountable. I’ve mostly been sticking to jogs/intervals on the treadmill or strength workouts that I mostly create on the spot. I’m trying to keep things interested by doing something slightly different every day, and so far it’s working.
- I started teaching at a yoga studio this past fall, and while it was a good opportunity, it wasn’t the right choice for me. I ended up leaving the studio about a month ago. I’m now on the hunt for other teaching jobs, but it’s been difficult.
- I’ve made the decision to go back to school. This is huge news because it’s something I’ve been contemplating for over a year now, and I know that I’m now ready to go for it. I’m not sure if it’s actually happening yet but I’ve taken all the necessary steps to get the ball rolling.
- There are a few, pretty major obstacles in regard to going back to school. I’ve gotten some straightened out, so I’m just waiting for other things to fall into place before I make a final decision.
- It’s the holiday season! I’m headed up to New York again to visit my boyfriend’s family, as well as to Massachusetts to see my mom. I’m really looking forward to it.
- I made really, really good oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last night. Seriously, they were out of this world. I used this recipe, but subbed chocolate chips for the raisins and nuts. If you’re looking for a comfort food pick-me-up, this is it.
A lot of things are up in the air right now and it’s making me feel incredibly stressed and uneasy. Despite that, I’m still happy and I’m working on making things better. I know that my life really isn’t that bad, and I’m blessed in a lot of ways. Regardless of what happens, I know that most things will work out eventually.
Now, I’m off to cuddle with my furry friend!
I'm a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher, writer and cat lover in Orlando, Florida. Thank you for stopping by!